This Smells Funny (And I'm not gonna eat it!)

Friday, January 12, 2007

Our New Blog






Hi Everyone! Well, we have been in Michigan for a month now and we are finally getting our Blog up and running. We want to document our time here in middle America and of course stay in touch with our friends and family back home.

Randy will probably be doing most of the updating on the Blog, especially the pictures. He is much better than I am with all that!

I have almost completed my first week of law school!!! And I survived! Actually, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Tons of work, though. Wow, it has been 11 years since I have been in school and getting in the habit of doing homework has been tough. And a lot of homework! Monday, before my first class, I was quite scared--not knowing what to expect--spending all last week in orientation, being completely overwhelmed with information. It was a good week though, especially Criminal Law. My crim law Professor seems really good. Before becoming a Professor, he was a defense attorney. So my classes this term are: Criminal Law, Torts, Contracts and Intro to law. I have Intro to Law tonight--yes, a Friday night class!

The kids are having a sleepover tonight. They have adjusted so well to moving here. Anna is having her new best friend, Evelyn, spend the night tonight and Evelyn has a brother Daniel's age, who is going to sleepover with Daniel. And I have class! Yes, Randy is a brave man. He is such a good daddy--he bought pancake mix for breakfast tomorrow and hamburgers to make tonight for the kids. What would we do without him!!!

Randy is still job hunting--no luck yet! Everyday is more applications and more searching in the paper and the internet. I know something good will come about soon...of course at this point, it doesn't have to even be something good! Just something...

We found a new church. "A small, country church on the edge of town" is the way Randy describes it (that's the way Pastor Rod describes the River--our church back home). Actually, it reminds us a lot of the River about 10 years ago. All the people made us feel so welcome. We are looking forward to going back this weekend.

Well, that is more than enough for now. Please check back soon and often. We plan on keeping this Blog updated frequently and will add more pictures all the time. We miss everyone at home and hope all are doing well.

No comments: