This Smells Funny (And I'm not gonna eat it!)

Monday, January 15, 2007

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." MLK, Jr.


Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! In Nevada, this is a holiday. Here in Michigan, it seems that it is only a holiday for some. The kids were scheduled to go to school but we received a nice ice storm and then about three inches of snow on top of that ice so it was a snow day. Which I am happy about--sure I would have liked to have the quiet to study but MLK, Jr is one of my heroes and I believe we should have a day set aside to celebrate his life and what he did for this country!


Enough about that... School is good! So much reading and homework to do-but one week down and only 14 more to go for this term!!! Baby steps! Speaking of babies, boy do I miss William Lee Spartacus Falkner!

I went out to a function Friday night that was put on by the Grand Rapids Student Bar Association. It was fun. It did feel a little like high school, but my new friends Kellie and Melissa and I just had fun realizing how much like high school it really was. I have met some really great people but I think smaller group functions are more my speed! Yes, apparently I am getting old!

But, the highlight of my night was when our Property's Prof got out on the dance floor and danced! It was great and one of the funniest things I have ever seen--truly. He ended his recital with his interpretation of the worm. Yes, the worm or the centipede as I remember it being called in the 80's. I do have video of his dancing--I missed the worm but still got video!! I don't think I will post that on my blog for risk of future reprecussions.

The best thing about our move to midwest America has been experiencing new things and meeting new people. It is nice to be out of our comfort zone which is Reno. But I miss home immensely and can't wait to move home--but if I can make it through the Michigan winters, the next three years should fly by!

No comments: