This Smells Funny (And I'm not gonna eat it!)

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Kummelweck?!?!?

So I learned something new today (other than the Termination Power of Acceptance as it relates to the creation of Contracts)! I learned what Kummelweck is. So why would I want to know what Kummelweck is? Good question. Here's my story...

Buffalo Wild Wings is a chain out here. Reno actually just got one--at the new Summit Sierra Mall. Everyone should give them a try--they are wonderful. Anyway, I was informed today by my Michigander friends that no one calls Buffalo Wild Wings, Buffalo Wild Wings, they call it BeeDubs or BW3s. So I understand BeeDubs, I get that, but BW3s?? There are only 2 W's in Buffalo Wild Wings, right? So I was talking to Jen (my sissy), who was the one who got Randy hooked on the BeeDubs in the first place, and she actually knew the story behind BW3s.

So, I thought I would impart my new found knowledge... When BW3s first opened in Ohio, it was called Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck. What is WECK, you ask? Weck is short for Kummelweck. What is Kummelweck, you ask? Bonus points for anyone who actually does know what it is... Kummelweck is a german bread. A German Baker brought it over with him when he moved to Buffalo, NY and started making Beef on Weck. Very famous sandwich in Buffalo-hasn't seemed to catch on around the country so I can't imagine it is that great; however, when the Buffalo boys moved to OH and opened BeeDubs, the also served Beef on Weck, which is where the third W comes from. Hence, BW3s... Cool, huh?

I also learned that adultery in Michigan is illegal, a felony in fact. Not that I have any personal reason to worry about being charged with that--but I truly didn't realize that adultery was still a crime in certain parts of the country--of course, I am from Nevada, where paying someone for sex is not illegal!! Also, it is illegal to swear (yes, curse) around children 12 and younger. Now, I haven't read the statute (although I probably should), so I don't know the elements of the crime; however, I always thought we were being really funny by calling Lindsay (my other sissy), the bad word police. Lindsay (who is 12 years younger than I am) used to walk around when I was a teenager saying "uuuummmmm, bad word!" whenever me, Jen or one of our friends would curse. So, she got the nickname "The Bad Word Police". Who knew there actually WERE bad word police!!!

Anyway, I have officially finished my third week in law school and I am certainly busy--borderline overwhelmed! All I seem to do is study, go to class, come home, study, sleep, wake up, study, go to class...you get the picture. But that is what I am here for so... Speaking of, I am off to the library to...you guessed it, STUDY!!!

Next time I will tell you about the girl who was talking on her cell phone during my crim law class!!!

Peace and Love,

K-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooo mamamamamaaaaa, you said a bad word.

Anonymous said...

It took me a good few minutes to figure out what 'BeeDubs' could possibly mean. I'm either really tired or that age thing is starting to happen.

Kummelweckfully Yours,

T