This Smells Funny (And I'm not gonna eat it!)

Sunday, April 29, 2007

First Term Down...

...Seven left to go!!! Yes, I am officially finished with my first term of law school and it feels so good. I am on my two-week break and loving it! Of course, it is really just a week off as I start my new job tomorrow. YES, I got a job. As Randy put in the last blog update, I had an interview with a local law firm approximately two weeks ago and last Tuesday, they offered me the job! YEAH! I will be working 20 hours a week and they are willing to work around my school schedule as it changes every term. I am very excited about the job. I will be working for a firm of three attorneys in Grand Rapids. This is a satellite office for a larger office located just outside of Detroit (the other side of the state). They are trial lawyers with a wide array of experience in the areas of insurance defense, insurance coverage practice, employment, professional liability, auto negligence, property damage, product liability, workers compensation, medical malpractice, toxic tort, and appellate litigation. My position is a part-time legal secretary and the attorneys I will be working for told me that I may have an opportunity to do "paralegal" type work as well.

In addition to starting this job tomorrow, I am also working for a friend of mine this week as he is on vacation. So this will be quite a busy week and of course, I already have my first week assignments for school that I need to do as well. I guess it is a good thing that I love to be busy!

We are still waiting for our grades for my first term and I think the waiting may be more tortuous that the exams themselves...well OK, maybe not, but the waiting is hard! Knowing that the last four months of my life all come down to one three hour test. I feel really good about Contracts and the other ones, I feel good just not "really" good! I spent a total of 65 hours in the library studying the week before exams...so bottom line I feel as though I thoroughly prepared and it is now out of my hands!

The kids and I just got back from a long weekend trip to see Aunt G in Athens, OH. We all had a great trip! It was so nice to get away and spend some time with my sissy and the kids. During the last few weeks, the kids haven't seen much of me, so it was great to spend some quality time with them. And Randy, got to spend some much needed quiet time at home alone. With me spending SO much time at school for exams, he took on all the house responsibilities and kid duty for a few weeks, so he deserved it probably more than I did!

Well, I will update more after I get my grades!!!

Karena

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job! Sounds like a perfect job for you! How cool that they're going to work with your school schedule.

And congratulations on completing your first term!!! With flying colors, too, I bet. You da woman.

Awesome, blossom!